Click here if you’re looking for the Shiatsu for Change website
Note: many of the images used here are from your Shiatsu in Totnes web site – but they will be very similar
To make changes to your website you will need to login to your dashboard (see Personal links at end)
You should be able to edit most of your website, but of course don’t hesitate to contact me if you need any further advice or support.
Your website uses (see picture far right):
- Media (pictures, videos and PDFs)
- Pages (not Home page)
- Appearance (where you can change nearly everything else including menus, footers etc)
Title/URL: Choose the title of the page carefully. The address or URL of the page will be created from this. You can edit the URL but, once its been on your site for a while, changing it will disrupt SEO/Google searches and if anyone has linked to the old name the link will fail.
Parent page: e.g. pages about Shiatsu would have ‘About Shiatsu’ as their parent page / pages about you would have ‘About me’ as their parent page / unrelated, one-off pages (like Qi-Gong) would have no parent page.
Sidebar: Choose ‘RIGHT sidebar’ if page is related to Shiatsu (all Shiatsu pages display the site’s sidebar – see image below). Otherwise choose ‘NO Sidebar’. See below how to change what’s in the sidebar.
You can edit the ‘Home Page’ of this site just as any other page.
However, it is made up of “Sections”. At the time of writing it was 5 sections
- The title “a Community Interest Company – providing affordable Shiatsu, Qigong and Self-healing techniques across the community”
- Image of people laughing on the floor with caption “We want to give people a choice to take more responsibility for their own physical and mental health and wellbeing”
- The three Projects in boxes
- “Keep up to date with our Projects”
- Make a donation
Use Appearance – Customise -Menus
You can add Pages, links to external sites, Posts with a particular category
There is just one menu set up so far …
Front Page Main Menu – the main menu displayed on every page (made up of mostly Pages)
This site does not use any sidebars (unlike Shiatsu in Totnes – see picture far right)
Copyright text – ask me
For the three columns use Appearance – Customise – Widgets
The contact form is defined in ‘Ninja Forms’ (available from the dashboard)
Images behind text
To change the image behind text on Home page and others …
First of all upload your image to the website.
- Edit the relevant page. In the code you’ll see an “awb_image” ID number. You need to change that to refer to your new image. To find out its number …
- Add a new section
- Click on the “Advanced WordPress backgrounds” button in the toolbar
- Choose Image for Background Type – choose your new image – insert it
- See what number it is and then go and change the original number in the original section
Remember to delete the new section/code
These are not live links (for security) – to use them, copy and paste them into your browser address bar
Your website: https://www.shiatsuforchange.co.uk/
To edit your website: (your ‘dashboard’ – requires login) https://shiatsuforchange.co.uk/wp-login.php
Your webmail: (to check any website emails online – requires login) https://www.shiatsuforchange.co.uk/webmail