Help working with careLINK
Working with your remote server
This page has help on the following …
- First time in warning screens
- Change your password
- How to connect to the Kingscare remote server
- Working with the remote server
- IMPORTANT: Disconnecting from the Kingscare remote server
- Working with two screens
- If something doesn’t do what you expected it to do – please do NOT assume it’s your fault!
- Let us know what happened as soon as you can email@example.com or 07795 257849 (and if you can’t get me try Alan Lewis 07815 051053)
- The problem may be associated with the NHS IT systems/computers or with the remote server or with the database. But Alan and I are your first point of call.
First time in?
If you see either of these screens – tick the “Don’t ask me again” box and click Yes or Connect
It is important that you change your password as soon as possible to something no-one else knows …
How to connect to the Kingscare remote server
This is a two step process demonstrated in the two videos below
- Open a secure link, connection or tunnel (a ‘VPN’) from your local computer to the remote server (either “Azure VPN” or “Kingscare-VNet”)
- Sign in to the remote server with your user name and password (using ‘RDP’ – “Kingscare RDP”)
Working with the remote server
This video gives you some help and tips for working with the remote server, how to manage “windows” and how to switch between the remote server and your local computer
IMPORTANT: Disconnecting from the Kingscare remote server
You MUST use this method when you’ve finished working on the remote server (see image far right)
- Close down all/any programs running – especially the database – careLINK
- Click on ‘Start’ button
- Click on your ‘profile’ button
- Click on ‘Sign out’
DO NOT use the cross at the top of the screen …
Why Not? This will leave your programs open and the database open – which could cause problems or even corruption
Working with two screens
Unfortunately, you cannot open different programs in the remote server, across your two screens.
The remote server window is limited to being displayed on just one screen.