This page provides help for users of careLINK. Most of it is in the form of YouTube videos
Help that’s available within careLINK
|tips to save you time|
|help on the topic|
|help on the topic plus a link to a YouTube video with further detail (see below for a list of all videos)|
All videos open in a new tab
What’s new in version 7.20
Main menu stats / GDPR and permissions / anonymisation of old contacts / new selection options – click here to watch a short video covering these (3 min video)
Classes and events
Register attendees onto a class or event (5 min video)
Create an expected attendance list / class register (5 min video)
GDPR / permissions
GDPR / permissions – quick guide for staff – (5 min video)
And for people responsible for GDPR in your organisation …
GDPR / permissions – setting them up and using (8 min video)
careLINK and managing GDPR – overview PDF document covering some of the issues you’ll have to tackle when using careLINK for working with contact permissions
Select and tag contacts and Mailings
Select and Tag contacts (to then report, mailout, anonymise) (4 min video)
Send mailouts – postal (letters and labels) / email / texts (11 min video)
Set up and edit your organisation’s mailing documents (6 min video)
Anonymise contacts (5 min video)
Chase up old contacts before anonymising (5 min video)
Create links to documents for contacts (3 min video)
How to backup careLINK
And you can always call us
If you have had a formal training session with ITsorted on careLINK and your organisation has a current support contract (click here to view an example), you can phone us up for free as many times as you need to:
- If anything goes wrong with careLINK itself. Then we’ll get you up and running as soon as possible.
- When you need something (e.g. a report) and you aren’t sure of the best way to do it.
- When you can’t remember how to do something.
- If you get frustrated while trying to do a particular task.
Even if you manage it in the end, its incredibly useful for us to know that it wasn’t easy – rest assured there’ll be others who have had or will have the same experience – and we may be able to make it easier for the future
Note that the Support Contract does NOT INCLUDE:
- Free support for your actual equipment, any of the other software on it, any remote access software or for problems caused by faulty equipment, or if your computer does not match the required specifications, or problems caused by upgrading your copy of Access without prior notice/agreement with us (see our FAQs page for details of hardware/software required).
However, we won’t just put the phone down on you! We’ll either quote you and sort it out ourselves, or help you to find someone who can.
- We reserve the right to limit free advice/training to any users not previously trained by us (e.g. replacement staff since last training) and to request that any further training be charged for.